Steek For The Brave
Learn how to cut garments without stopping with Vanessa Pellisa! This workshop is an advanced version of the Fair Isle course. Vanessa will teach you how to work different types of steek depending on the type of yarn and the garment you are knitting. She will also explain everything about crochet reinforced steeks, felting, sewing, steeks to create jackets, sleeves, sock heels, collars…. So sharpen your scissors well and get ready to lose your fear of this technique once and for all.
Content of the workshop:
- “Steek”: what it is and what it’s for.
- Preparation of the fabric and fibres: not everything is cut in the same way.
- 3-stitch steek
- 5-point steek
- Norwegian Steek
- Felted Steek
- Other types of steek
- Sleeves, collars, heels… Where to use this technique
- Tips for finishing off cut garments
The workshop includes:
- Information booklet
- Stitch library to create your own design
- Pattern to create a customisable mini-sweater
Circular or double-pointed needles, wool of different colours of natural fibres, scissors that cut very well, crochet hook and sewing needle.
for the best use of the class, this workshop requires experience with circular knitting.