The Ideal Sweater Exists. An Introduction to Garment Design
An introduction to garment design. This workshop focuses on sweaters, with a compendium of tips and ideas for beginners who want to enter the world of sweater design. Vanessa will go over different possible structures and how to apply your ideas to the drafting of a pattern.
This is a workshop that seeks to translate technical concepts of design, grading and garment construction so that they are accessible to anyone who knits, whatever their level. It covers everything from inspiration to professional garment grading and the elements that a good sweater should have.
- Why doesn’t it look like the picture?
- The parts of a sweater and what looks good on us.
- Sampling to win
- Grading garments and modifying measurements.
- Collars and cuffs
- Drafting patterns so you can be understood.
Tape measure and willingness to learn
For the best use of the class, this workshop requires knowing how to knit and being eager to learn.
- Informative handout
- Pattern to create a custom sweater.